Your Chance to Win
A luxury four-star getaway and afternoon tea
at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel
Situated in the heart of Chester, a stone’s throw from some of the area’s most iconic attractions, the charming Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel is perfectly located to explore all the historic city has to offer.
One lucky winner will be treated to a two-night break for two people at the stylish four-star hotel.
Originally built in 1650, it is one of the oldest boutique hotels in Chester, combining timeless period features with modern luxury.
In addition to accommodation in a stunning classic bedroom, they will be served a decadent three-tier afternoon tea in the hotel’s Piano Lounge.
The Macdonald Afternoon Tea is complete with a selection of indulgent delights, including freshly made finger sandwiches, an assortment of fine patisseries and warm scones served with Devonshire clotted cream.
Guests can also choose from an extensive menu of tea infusions from Elderflower & Blossom Darjeeling, to Pure Camomile and English breakfast, or opt for a pot of speciality coffee.
A short walk from the famous Eastgate Street, which was recently named one of the top 10 prettiest streets in the entire country, the winner + guest will be able to indulge in some retail therapy, as they wander down cobbled streets, exploring the many shops, cafes and restaurants.
Those on the hunt for something a little more adventurous can sail down the River Dee on a cruise boat; visit the nearby Chester Racecourse, or take a short car journey to Chester Zoo.
After a day of sightseeing, the lucky winner will be able to return to the four-star hotel for some much-needed relaxation.
The prize is for one reader and a guest to win a two-night stay at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel.
The stay will be provided on a bed and breakfast basis, with complimentary Macdonald Afternoon Tea served on one day.
HOW TO ENTER
To be in with a chance to win this luxury mini-break for two people, all you have to do is answer the following question: –
In what year was the hotel, that has now become Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, originally built?
Send your answer on an e-mail headed – ‘Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel Competition’ to:
Make sure to include:
- The correct answer to the question.
- Your name and your full postal address.
- A daytime telephone number.
- Opt in/opt out to receive future information.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or above.
- The prize is as described above. The prize is non-transferable
- The prize is non-transferable. No cash alternative is offered.
- Employees of Macdonald Hotels and of Junction 19 Media Limited, and their
- relatives, are not permitted to enter.
- The prize can be taken at any time up to June 30, 2019, subject to availability.
- The winner will be the first correct entry selected, at random, after the closing date.The editor’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered in to.
Closing date for entries is 12 noon on Thursday January 31, 2018.