Beautiful, historic, York is offering one lucky reader the chance to win *Two nights’ bed and breakfast for Two – with dinner on one evening – at Grays Court Hotel in York.
This is the only privately-owned residence in York with direct access to the city walls and is the oldest inhabited house in the city.
With 11 individually designed, luxurious bedrooms, the hotel offers an elegant and intimate retreat right in the heart of York.
Hunt for ghosts, shop in York’s medieval streets, make a beeline for York Designer Outlet, or enjoy a river cruise.
The choices in York are endless and you’ll find plenty to do that you won’t find anywhere else. York is a vibrant festival city with Roman roots and a Viking past.
Boasting the National Railway Museum, York Minster and JORVIK Viking Centre, you’ll find over thirty world-class museums, galleries and tours all within easy walking distance.
York was voted ‘Britain’s Most Festive City’ too.
Shop for Yorkshire crafts at the world-famous St Nicholas Fair, explore York’s visitor attractions and afterwards enjoy a delicious dinner at the Bow Room Restaurant at Grays Court, the hotel’s 2 AA Rosette winning Restaurant.
With a 5-course menu on offer head chef, Joe Clapham, showcases the very best local produce sourced from local farmers, fishermen and the hotel’s own garden.
Enjoy a cocktail and pre-dinner snacks in the Edwardian library or take a tour of the garden.
Head gardener, Jules Fern, (we kid you not), has extended the range of produce grown in the hotel’s half acre garden, from heritage Yorkshire cultivars, such as Apple ‘Ribston Pippin’ and Rhubarb ‘Brandy Carr Scarlett’, to traditional herbs, unusual vegetables and edible flowers.
All the rooms have been lovingly restored to provide a mix of ageless character and modern comfort.
From the William 1V poster bed of the Willoughby room to the double monsoon shower in the Cumberland.
As part of your prize you’ll receive two, two-day VIP York Passes from Visit York, giving you free entry to more than thirty of the city’s world-class attractions.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your entry in now to be in with a chance to win this fabulous #onlyinyork stay and remember to tweet your experiences @visityork.
HOW TO ENTER
To be in with a chance to win a luxury stay for two people, including a five-course gourmet dinner on one evening at Grays Court and Bow Room Restaurant, as well as two VIP York Passes, all you have to do is answer the following question: –
What is the name of York’s famous Christmas Market?
Send your answer on an e-mail headed – ‘Grays Court Hotel’ Competition’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to include:
• The correct answer to the question.
• Your name and your full postal address.
• A daytime telephone number.
• Opt in/opt out to receive future information.
1. Entrants must be 18 years of age or above.
2. The prize is as described above.
3. No cash alternative is offered.
4. Employees of Grays Court Hotel and of Junction 19 Media Limited, and their
relatives, are not permitted to enter.
5. The prize can be taken at any time up to June 30, 2019, subject to availability.
6. The winner will be the first correct entry selected, at random, after the closing date.
7. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
*This offer is based on two people sharing a twin or double room. Booking must be made by 31 January 2019 and is subject to availability.
Closing date for entries is 12 noon on Friday November 30, 2018.
EXCLUSIVE READER OFFER
Grays Court Hotel in York
ALL readers of INCheshire magazine and Prestbury Living magazine
the following fantastic offer:
• 25% discount on rooms.
• A complimentary glass of prosecco on arrival in Jan, Feb and March 2019
– Sunday to Thursday night.
• Reservations must be made by December 31, 2018.
• Bookings to be made via telephone to 01904 612613 – quoting ‘GRAYS1’
Photography courtesy of: –
Bacon on the Beach AND Olivia Brabbs Photography