Looking for Spring Summer 2013 inspiration… denim is continually on trend and for this season denim is hitting the high street like never before; whether it’s a denim jacket, skirt, shirt, dungarees or waistcoat, anything goes! Now is the time to dig out your favourite denim piece and rework it with some of this season’s key looks.
And what about the jeans?
Skinny, flared, bootcut, straight leg, wide, high-waisted, colored, branded, ripped, baggy or boyfriend, my favourite jean trend for Spring Summer has to be the ‘boyfriend’ jean…so versatile and above all, so so comfortable.
The boyfriend jean refers to a more relaxed fit pair of jeans and the good news is that there is a style for almost every body shape.
Here are three of our favourite looks, just take one pair of stylish boyfriend jeans (we love these boyfriend jeans with a roll-up hem from La Redoute, £39, bottom right) and add…
Elegant urban tomboy
- Buttoned-up white shirt
- Fitted mid-thigh coat in a statement colour
- Classic hat
- Block heel ankle boots
- Fitted top with feminine detail (ruffles, lace, flowers etc)
- Fine knit cover-up/cardigan (no longer than hip-length) or blazer
- Statement heels (ideally strappy to show as much skin as possible)
Dressed down Sunday
- Slouchy neutral tee (tucked in)
- Knitted beanie
- Oversize parka
- Large clutch
- Statement necklace
- Wedge shoes