Q. I always pack WAY more clothes than I need for a holiday. How do I create a capsule wardrobe that will see me through 2-weeks?
A. These eight essential items will get you through every holiday:
- Maxi dress, shirt-dress or playsuit. From 5 star cruises and exotic beach holidaysto European city breaks, maxi dresses are relevant for every kind of holiday It’s a wardrobe essential that requires very little styling and can look good in seconds.
- A multi-purpose scarf. There are lots of creative ways you can weara scarf: around your neck or shoulders when it’s chilly or around your waist as a sarong on the beach.
- Leather sandals or gladiators. A comfy sole and lace ups are ideal for walking all day long.
- Shorts or cropped trousers. Roll them up in your suitcase to avoid creases, then wear with sandals and a loose tee by day, and a slinky vest top at night.
- A print or patterned top and bottoms. Matching a patterned top and bottoms creates a more formal evening look, while the bottoms can work separately with plain tops for daytime sight seeing.
- Bikini or swimsuit. A statement swimsuit with detailed neckline can easily double up as a pretty top for day or night.
- Plain vest tops. Opt for neutral tones (black, white, tan) for maximum versatility.
- Nude underwear, it goes with everything and avoids the need to duplicate with outfit appropriate options.