Is it just me or is this year is flying by? Quite scary really… especially as summer is fast approaching. So, whilst I’m trying to get my summer body into play, it seems the retail world is wanting to challenge me with chocolate tests! Yes, we are all guilty of it but don’t worry, we are in this together, writes Evie Waxman
I decided to play around with some savoury dishes to come up with a new raw recipe to take the edge off my guilty head with all the feasting I’m doing.
I’m not usually one to go for Italian food but this dish is so much more than your everyday pizza/pasta… raw lasagne is the ‘bomb’. This dish is raw, vegan and free from gluten, dairy, wheat and all of the heavy bloating guilt. Super easy too.
Bunch of spring onion
Bunch of parsley
Bunch of basil
Bunch of dill
Bunch of thyme
A bag of spinach
2 chard leaves
A bag of kale
300g of pinenuts
A deep lasagne dish is necessary for this beauty!
– Slice 5 of the courgettes into thin strips (if feeling rather lazy, you can buy pre sliced courgette) and set to one side
– Add the parsley, basil, thyme, kale, chard leaves ( leave out the stalks), cherry tomatoes, spring onion to the blender and mix for 1 minute until all combined and smelling fresh.
– Once you’ve made your filling, pour mixture into a bowl and place in the fridge whilst we make our pine nut cheese!
– Now for the creamy goodness : into a clean blender, add in the rest of the ingredients. All of the pinenuts, the spinach, a handful of dill and thyme, the chard stalks, and 2 chopped courgettes.
– Blend the ingredients all it becomes a creamy thick delicious whirl of pinenut cheese.
– Now for the fun part! Layer the base of the dish with courgette, then add 2-3 spoonfuls of your filling and spread evenly.
– Add another layer of courgette, the filling and now for the creamed pinenut!
– Repeat this layer action until the dish is completely full with the “cheese” layer being last.
– Decorate with cherry tomatoes and pine nuts if you have any left!
– And there you have it! You’re very own raw and vegan lasagne.
This dish is super filling but extremely healthy for you so don’t be worried about having a big slice! I enjoy mine with a side salad but I’ve known people to want new potatoes with it.
And the beauty of making this dish is that if you have any left-overs of the filling or “cheese”, they are perfect with raw flaxseed crackers or to be enjoyed as part of another home-made salad.
God I’m good. Enjoy and send me in your own creations of this recipe.
Think More. Think Raw