There’s nothing that says ‘Great British Summer’ quite like Wimbledon (on screen at the time of writing) and if, like me, you’ve been glued to your screens for the past few weeks watching some of the most talented players in the game (not to mention celeb and outfit spotting) you’ll have a renewed appreciation for all things white… and possibly champagne and strawberries!
Despite its impractical nature, Wimbledon always makes me want to break out my crispest white lingerie set, and a chic and statement-making all-white ensemble. But if that’s too daring for your taste, wearing one key item also works well.
So whether you want to opt for a head-to-toe look or simply dip your toe into this trend with a pair of shoes, follow our guide to wearing white this summer…
- White is a Spring Summer staple but it’s also a colour where there is no running and hiding; choose flattering silhouettes and fabrics, and apply smart tailoring when considering outfits.
- To keep white fresh and classy pair white it with neutrals and a dash of summer shine; sparkly jewellery will give a white outfit a playful finish.
- With a blank canvas like white you can go wild with the rest of your outfit; it goes with most things from bright block colours to busy patterns.
- Use accessories to break up an all-white white, from oversize 70s-inspried shades to a colourful clutch.
- White shoes have been a hot trend ever since the fashion houses kicked off the 1980s rewind back in 2016, and white ankle boots and box-fresh trainers have been seen all over the high street this season.
- Yes, darker denims will give a slimmer silhouette but a pair of fresh white jeans never fails to bring your look into the summer season. They’re the perfect companion for colourful prints, chic monochrome and classic demin. Keep them classic and skinny (don’t go baggy unless you want to be mistaken for a decorator), and your underwear nude.
Images (from top left):
Dima Belted Denim Jacket, £55. Selma Round Crochet Bag, £39 – both Monsoon
Air & Grace Cru Trainers In White With Natural Snake Print, £159 – blackwhitedenim.com
Pandora Short Sleeve Jumpsuit, £110 – Monsoon
Ribbed Striped Knitted Dress, £39.50 – M&S Collection
Marie Jo L’Aventure ‘Tom’ Bra from £68.95, Shorts £30.90 – seesawlingerie.co.uk
Pure Linen Waisted Midi Dress, £30 (SALE) – M&S Collection
J Brand Alana High Rise Crop Skinny Jean in Borderline, £275 – cocaranti.com
(MAIN IMAGE) Silvia Broderie Maxi Dress, £140. Raffia Embroidered Leaf Shopper, £17.95 – both Monsoon