Well, it’s official! At 8am on Friday 6 November the John Lewis advertising machine whirred into action for Christmas, and the most anticipated ad of the year officially signaled the start of the holiday [retail] season.
If openly weeping over a TV ad doesn’t get you in the mood for Christmas, then here’s something that hopefully will… I’ve decided to share my Christmas gift wish list, including the gifts I use, love, and hope to find under my Christmas tree.
Wishing all my readers and clients a very fashionable Christmas and a stylish New Year.
1. It’s a modern classic, and for good reason. The LBD can take you from morning to evening—and even to the next day—effortlessly and in style. Little black dress (right) £60, clutch £30 – both Wallis.
2. The fluff factor! Autumn Winter 2015 is all about making a statement and this fun faux fur overcoat from M&S, £85, does just that! It’s the perfect finishing touch to your Christmas party look.
3. Go golden with a statement necklace this Christmas. Lara Bohinc Lunar Eclipse Necklace In Yellow Gold, £690. Available from Black White Denim in Wilmslow.
4. ‘Tis the season to be chilly and this season faux fur, shearling and pompoms are all up for grabs! This chunky Ruby & Ed knit beanie (right), £25, ticks all the boxes; ideal as a stocking filler or Christmas present. Match with cosy lined mittens, £29, for extra winter warmth. Available from Pixie in Hale.
5. From box pleat midis to 60s-style minis, 2015 was definitely the year of the skirt! This Christmas we’ve embraced the trend and this versatile Shimmer Scuba Skirt, £79, from Phase Eight will ensure you make a style statement at all your Christmas parties. Team with a blouse and heels for an elegant silhouette.
6. Join the pyjama party! Look your best for the land of nod in these fabulous silk ‘silver’ pyjamas from Jigsaw, £159.
7. Christmas just isn’t Christmas without stocking fillers. Penguin hot water bottle £20, M&S. Emotional Baggage tote £35, Black White Denim in Wilmslow. UGG gold glitter boot key chain £20, House of Fraser.
8. Want to win the prize for the best Christmas jumper at the office party, this one from Dorothy Perkins (right), £26, will ensure it’s in the bag!
9. Delight the lady in your life with some sexy Christmas Lingerie; the gorgeous glitter and tulle draping on this lingerie set from Marie Jo make it utterly irresistible. ‘Caro’ by Marie Jo, balcony bra £82.95, lace brief £35.95. Available from See-Saw Lingerie in Hale.
10. Stay warm and cosy this winter with soft and stylish footwear. These Elia B shearling lined ‘Husky’ boots, £185, will guarantee to keep English weather conditions at bay, and the UGG Australia ‘Charlee’ shearling cuff heeled ankle boot, £200, will lift your daytime look while warming you through winter. Available from Zapatos Designer Shoes in Knutsford.